Leadership Development – Corporate Participants
Who Should Attend?
Anyone in a leadership (authoritative) role: Fathers/Mothers, Husbands/Wives, Coaches, Entrepreneurs, Corporate Managers/Leaders, Authority and Public Figures – yes, everyone Authority Figure including YOU!
“Formal Leadership training rarely works! Leaders are developed, and only through deep personal reflection and experiences!” …Werner Berger
To help emerging leaders perfect and surface their innate leadership capabilities, become comfortable and highly effective in their role, and evolve into masters at creating cohesive, high performing individuals and teams. This is achieved by becoming competent at utilizing time tested leadership skills and, specifically, by becoming more alive, more grounded, more connected and more caring as a leader which is the foundation to a far more influential and powerful way of being. We call this the Epic Leadership Life Style.
This learning experience transcends well beyond the corporate world, and ultimately permeates every aspect of life.
The design of this entire adventure/experience is to provide an opportunity to immerse you in a unique world which fosters a discovery of an untapped and glorious dimension of YOU.
Where the majesty and magnificence of the outer journey triggers and inspires the inner journey!
Although effective leadership is one of the most important aspect in the wellbeing of individuals, families and nations, it is also one of the scarcest. The reason: most people have lost access and a deep connection to their own inner world. Unfortunately, this is the result of early conditioning and frequent disapproval (real or perceived) at a young age. What is needed is a deep reconnection to our own magnificence, and a secure trusting of our own consciousness. . . i.e our own self!
Leadership capabilities are developed. No one is born a leader, and at the same time we are all born with the potential to be leaders. Global wellness depends on us; yes, YOU and me!
“Leadership and Self Actualization are two sides of the same perfection!” …Werner Berger
- Leaders make a difference!
- They seek win/win solutions.
- They are advancers.
- They are calculated risk takers.
- They are preservers of the globe for the greater good!
- They don’t force their ideas nor do they ‘sell’ them; rather, they support, motivate, inspire and encourage!
Whether we acknowledge it or not, we are all leaders as we affect and influence others, positively and/or negatively. For each of us, dipping our toes into the immersion pool of knowledge, and especially experiences which lead to a closer connection with self, surfaces new perspectives and ignites life changing revelations and personal growth! We have often heard, “You can’t get there from here.” What is really meant by this, “You can’t get there with your current identity!” We will be talking a lot more about this!
- The challenge of the mountain, and your thrill at discovering a ‘you’ that you might not have know to exist; the all important Inner Journey. . .resulting in an identity disruption!
- The Inner Journey starts with the grandeur within which we will be traveling, which has the power to shock your ego into quiet contemplation and awarenesses not available during the normal course of our rat-race lives.
- The challenge of the mountain (and the Safari) and your thrill at discovering a power that you might not have know to exist. It will act as a true wake-up call.
- 12 Powerful Cognitive Developmental Modules facilitate the Cognitive (or Extrinsic) Journey. The modules are delivered by twelve (12 x 1) hours of formal Leadership coaching via webinar, 2 to 4 weeks apart, pre-adventure (by Werner, 37 years of corporate leadership and consulting experience with clients as large as Clorox Canada and AstraZeneca)/ The modules dramatically add to the new insights and ways of being. . . see “Modules” below.
- The combined experiences and adventurous spirit of Werner and Heshie as consultants, coaches, adventurers, philanthropists, and leaders in their own right, are available to support you in discovering your own magnificence. Once acknowledged and accepted, your and the teams collective and individual innate wisdoms and leadership strengths can guide you through the highs and lows and the chasm that falls between.
- The beauty and elegance of the Africa and the charm of its people….in every sense….will stir you in ways you can’t even imagine.
- The unspoiled nature of the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, the mountain and its serenity, the simplicity of life, how people can exist (without all our modern trappings and paraphernalia), build, endure, live their lives and be happy, and each of us observing and challenging our own judgments (right and wrong) can’t but help fracture limiting beliefs and advance horizons and acceptances.
- Past participants have described the pre-climb webinars, assignments during the climb, and a debrief after the climb as “Highly Informative,” and “Transformational.” Proof, some have been on three different treks with Werner. Why? They say, “ Simply to deepen my internal quest.”
- “Without a question, it was a life changing experience”…sorry to repeat this, however it is the comment we hear over and over again (see Testimonials – full names and links provided upon request)!
- The beauty and this adventure will stir you in ways you can’t even imagine.
The African (and Masai) lifestyle can be a powerful teacher when we release ourselves from western biases and judgements. Consider for a moment – having no life insurance, no IRA or RRSP, no car or bank account, maybe even being unsure of tomorrow’s meal, and where living in the present is a way of life (not some goal to be reached). Further, consider young children playing in the wilds of Masailand, or the dusty, rutted streets of Moshi, and where smiles and happiness are the order of the day. You will be stunned at how happy people can be who have so little.
“Without a question, it was a life changing experience”…is the refrain we hear over and over again!
Pre-Adventure Leadership Curriculum
As mentioned above, Leadership is the most important aspect in the world, and yet, it is also the scarcest. To excel in any aspect of life (and business) we need the ability to inspire, motivate and support others to capitalize on their own performance and growth opportunities; the opportunities and competencies they might not see and cannot own without another leading the way.
There are three critical aspects associated with effective leadership:
- Knowing self – the essence of who you are being at any moment in time! This includes: Appreciating personal strengths and accepting limitations; Having and displaying COURAGE; Dreaming big dreams; and Being Congruent – so your Actions resonate positively and pass the acid test – of others perceiving you as being congruent, authentic and leading from the heart?
- Knowing what to do next and if not, relying on the collective wisdom of the team.
- Stepping into Action
The pre-adventure Webinars are designed to primarily support Aspects 2 and 3, and to provide insights into the mindset that is so critical to Aspect 1. It is rare for the “how to” to come naturally, for these are learned skills (cognitive). The adventure experience tends to lead to a deep knowing (correlating to Aspects 1 – intrinsic awareness). Integration has the potential to change everything; integration, integration, integration!
Find the Leadership Application Form in the Menu Bar above. If you have any questions email werner@Quest736.com, let us know what intrigues you about this Leadership Journey and what questions you may have. Prior to acceptance a Zoom interview will be arranged.
Module 1 – Discovery – The first stage of Influence
Module 2 – The Foundational Concept to all Positive Influence – and hence Leadership
Module 3 – The Five Obstacles that Stop Positive Resonance in its Tracks
Module 4 – Getting Stuck in the Growth Curve
Module 5 – Success Environments: The Leader’s Prime Responsibility
Module 6 – The Warriors Path to Full Collaboration (1+1=11)
Module 7 – The Seven Steps to Creating a High Performance Team
Module 8 – A Missing Link – How to Build Relationship, Fast, Deep and Long Lasting – presented by Relationship Expert, Heshie N. Segal.
Module 9 – The Unlikely Dance Between Performance and Fulfillment
Module 10 – The BS of “Do Unto Others . . . “
Module 12 – Debrief (Group plus Individual)
Each 45 – 60 minute module is customized (sequence and content might vary), delivered one-on-one and culminates in committed action, with accountability and support.
Additional, written Module details are available upon the conclusion of each webinar.
Come and learn and have fun in the beauty and rawness of the Land of the heralded Africa Big 5 (Lion, Leopard. Elephant, Cape Buffalo and Rhinoceros) and the tallest free standing mountain on earth!