Index this page:
- Dates and Fees
- Fees Include
- Fees do not Include
- Tipping Protocol
Dates and Fees
• Arrive Kilimanjaro International Airport, Tanzania July 4
• Safari start: July 5
• Safari ends (after lunch) July 9
• 1/2 day Leadership development & climb preparation July 10
• Climb start: July 11
• Climb Ends: July 17
• Depart Moshi July 18
or (Optional) extend your trip
• 2 Hour Leadership coaching and debrief July 18
• Time with Heshie and the orphans (optional)
FEES (all funds quoted in USD)
- Option 1 – Safari (only)
- Option 2 – Kilimanjaro Climb (only)
- Option 3 – Safari plus Kilimanjaro Climb
Option 1 – SAFARI (only)
July 4 to 10 breakfast (all inclusive): Arrival, Serengeti, Olduvai Gorge, Ngorongoro Crater, Masai village, Tarangire
- Fees: Safari (only) – $4,297 USD. . .with deposit of $1000 upon booking and final payment prior to May 15, 2017. Accommodation, all meals and transportation included plus pre-adventure leadership development (special pricing for children up to 11 years).
Fee based on double occupancy – for single add $450.
Registration after May 15 (based on space availability) $4,697 USD.
Option 2 – KILIMANJARO CLIMB (only)
July 10 to 18 breakfast (7 days on mountain, Machame route – plus Leadership Development) – sunrise near the Summit
- Fees: Climb (only) – $7,597 USD. . .with deposit of $1000 upon booking and final payment prior to May 31, 2016. Includes accommodation, all meals, transportation, guides, porters plus leadership development (pre and on the mountain). Special pricing for children 7 to 12 years.
Fee based on double occupancy – for single add $450.
Registration after May 15, 2017 (based on space availability) $7,997 USD.
Option 3 – SAFARI plus KILIMANJARO CLIMB
All inclusive – including comprehensive Leadership Development program (pre, during and post Adventure).
- Fees: Combined Trip – $10,000 USD. . .with single payment prior to February 28, 2017 . . . first 12 only (special pricing for children 7 to 12 years).
Fee based on double occupancy – for single add $750
PAYMENT OPTION SCHEDULE
Θ Option 3 (a) – $10,000 USD. . .as above. . . based on space availability
Θ Option 3 (b) – $11,000 USD. . .with deposit of $1000 upon booking and payment balances as follows (based on space availability):
– March 15, 2017 – $3,000
– April 15, 2017 – $3,000
– May 15, 2017 – final payment 0f $4,000 is due and must be received in full to hold your space.
Please be sure to purchase trip cancellation insurance. Deposits are non-refundable. If the organizers choose to cancel the trip for any reason all payments will be refunded in full.
The Safari and climb are likely the most popular adventure travel destination in the world. Space limitations are clearly a reality. Applications will be accepted strictly on a first come basis. If more spaces free-up, due to accommodation becoming available via cancellations of other parties, early wait-listed applicants will be notified first.
Immediate booking allows for early confirmation and thereby a reduction in the cost of park fees, accommodation and meals. Also, the cost of air travel increases as we get closer to the holiday season.
(OPTIONAL) Extras: Days with the ORPHANS and HESHIE/WERNER; and/or ZANZIBAR HOLIDAY for NON CLIMBERS & KIDS. Please contact Werner Berger for questions and/or options.
Trip Fees Include
- Pickup from, and drop-off at airport (hotel transfers)
- Welcoming dinner July 4, 2017 and briefing
- 4 nights at the Springlands Hotel all inclusive (July 4, 9,10 and 17)
- 2 nights at beautiful Highlands Lodge (July 5 and 8)
- All park permits and paper work
- All accommodation and meals (full board) during the Safari and on the Climb
- Costs of head guides, assistant guides and 3 porters per person
- Celebration and farewell dinner (July 17)
- All government and local park fees and taxes (currently exceed $1512 USD)
- Side trip to Masai Village – cultural experience
- From dinner on July 4 to breakfast on July 18 – all meals are included – Safari and climb
- Free CD – Climbing High: Success Strategies For Business And In Life…by Werner Berger
- Free Puritii Water system (bottle) if you are not presently associated with ARIIX
- Leadership Development – 8 x 45m. webinars prior to trip plus daily activities during the climb and 2 hr. Leadership Briefing after the climb
Trip Fees Do Not Include
- Tanzanian entry visa and fee (visa can be obtained at Kilimanjaro airport)
- Airfare to and from Tanzania plus excess baggage charges
- Accommodation prior to July 4 and after July 18, 2017
- Meals in Tanzania before dinner on July 4 and after final breakfast July 18
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, bottled water or extra porters)
- Travel and medical insurances
- Tips for your drivers, guides, assistant guides and porters, during the safari and on the climb
1. Immediately, email your intention/desire to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. To save your space the payment is due with your Application (original copies only)
3. Checks, cash, or bank transfers only (sorry, no credit cards – the surcharges for Africa exceed 5%…to save trip costs and make it as affordable as possible we believe it prudent to avoid surcharges – a recent PayPal transaction cost 7.4%)
4. If payment deadlines are not met your space may be given to the next applicant on the list (given the historic nature of this experience we are certain to be oversold).
Please note – If you are unable to go and have made payments you may replace yourself. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly advised.
Tipping Protocol (Gratuities)
Tips for exceptional performance by our support team (not included in the fees shown) are generally handed out on the last day of each adventure. Tips should be in US dollars – only clean, crisp post 2002 bills are accepted in Africa. Standard tips in Tanzania are as follows:
Driver/Guide: $18-20/day per group [5-6 people per vehicle]
Cooks: $12-14/day per group [5/6 people per cook]
Head Guide: $18-25/day per group [8 – 12 people]
Assistant Guide: $14-18/day per group [1 assistant guide per 4 climbers]
Cooks: $12-14/day per group [1 per group of 8]
Porters: $8-10/day [3 porters per climber – your gear, food, camping and assistants gear]
Climbing group sizes range from 8-12 people
Gifts (Safari and Climb): Adventurers frequently bring gifts or give old clothing, shoes, packs or any other useful items to their support staff (no obligation). Individuals frequently choose to invite some of their helpers to the celebration dinner and/or drinks (your option and your expense).
Werner is personally available to answer any and all of your questions. All you have to do is ask….Werner.email@example.com or 215-642-0083
Werner also schedules pre-registration and pre-climb conference calls (and webinars).