Index this page:
- Fees/Options/Discounts/Bonus Days (ask about Affiliate Program)
- Fees Include
- Fees do not Include
- Tipping Protocol
FEES/OPTIONS/DISCOUNTS/BONUS DAYS (all funds quoted in USD)
- Option 1 – Safari (only)
- Option 2 – Kilimanjaro Climb (only)
- Option 3 – Safari plus Kilimanjaro Climb
Option 1 – SAFARI (only)
July 3 (dinner) to July 9 (breakfast – all inclusive): Arrival, Serengeti, Olduvai Gorge, Ngorongoro Crater, Masai village, Tarangire (?)
- Fees: Safari (only) – $6297.00 USD. . .with deposit of $750 upon booking (please complete the application to see if you qualify for any discounts – Early Bird [before Sept. 15, ’18]; Mid Bird [before Nov. 15, ’18]; Late Bird [Jan. 15, ’18] etc.). . . in addition see Bonus Days below. Luxury accommodation, all meals, safari vehicles and guides and ground transportation included, plus pre-adventure leadership development (special pricing for children up to 14 years).
Fee based on double occupancy – for single add $450.
Option 2 – KILIMANJARO CLIMB (only)
July 9 (dinner) to July 17 (breakfast): 7 days on mountain, Machame route – plus Leadership Development – sunrise near the Summit
- Fees: Climb (only)– $6297.00 USD. . .with deposit of $750 upon booking (please complete the application to see if you qualify for any discounts – Early Bird [before Sept. 15, ’18]; Mid Bird [before Nov. 15, ’18]; Late Bird [Jan. 15, ’18] etc.). . . in addition see Bonus Days below. Accommodation, all meals and ground transportation included plus pre-adventure leadership development (special pricing for children up to 14 years).
Fee based on double occupancy – for single add $450.
Option 3 – SAFARI plus KILIMANJARO CLIMB
All inclusive (dinner July 3 to breakfast July 17) – including comprehensive Leadership Development program (pre, during and post Adventure).
- Fees: Combined Trip – $9,997 USD. . .with deposit of $750 upon booking (please complete the application to see if you qualify for any discounts – Early Bird [before Sept. 15, ’18]; Mid Bird [before Nov. 15, ’18]; Late Bird [Jan. 15, ’18] etc.). . . in addition see Bonus Days below. Accommodation, all meals and ground transportation included plus pre-adventure leadership development (special pricing for children up to 14 years).
Fee based on double occupancy – for single add $750
Registrations confirmed prior to September 15, earn 3 bonus days, including accommodation and meals, to spend with Heshie and the orphan community in Moshi. Mid Bird receive 2 bonus days and Late Bird receive 1 bonus day – on the house!
Please be sure to purchase trip cancellation insurance. Deposits are non-refundable. If the organizers choose to cancel the trip for any reason, all applicable payments will be refunded in full.
The Safari and climb are likely the most popular adventure travel destination in the world. Space limitations are clearly a reality. Applications will be accepted strictly on a first come basis. If more spaces free-up, due to accommodation becoming available via cancellations of other parties, early wait-listed applicants will be notified first.
Immediate booking allows for early confirmation and thereby a reduction in the cost of park fees, accommodation and meals. Also, the cost of air travel increases as we get closer to the holiday season.
(OPTIONAL) Extras: Days with the ORPHANS (exclusive of Bonus Days) and HESHIE/WERNER; and/or ZANZIBAR HOLIDAY for NON CLIMBERS & KIDS. Please contact Werner Berger for details and options.
Trip Fees Include
- Pickup and drop-off at Kilimanjaro airport
- Welcoming dinner July 3, 2019 and briefing
- Option 3: 4 nights at the Springlands Hotel all incl. (July 3, July 8, 9 and 16)
- Option 1 & 3: 2 nights at beautiful Highlands Lodge (July 4 and July 7)
- All park permits and paper work
- All accommodation and meals (full board) during the Safari and Climb
- Cost of head guides, assistant guides and 3 porters per person on the climb
- Celebration and farewell dinner (July 16)
- All government and local park fees and taxes (currently exceed $1512 USD)
- Side trip to Masai Village – cultural experience
- From dinner on July 3 to breakfast on July 17 – all meals are included – Safari and climb
- Free CD – Climbing High: Success Strategies For Business And In Life…by Werner Berger
- Free Puritii Water system (bottle) if you are not presently associated with ARIIX
- Leadership Development – 8 x 45m. webinars or downloaded videos prior to trip plus daily activities during the climb and Leadership Briefing after the climb
- Bonus Day, working with the orphan community and as indicated above.
Trip Fees Do Not Include
- Tanzanian entry visa and fee (visa can be obtained at Kilimanjaro airport)
- Airfare to and from Tanzania plus excess baggage charges
- Accommodation prior to July 3 and after July 17, 2019 (exept – Bonus Days)
- Meals before dinner on July 3 and after final breakfast July 17 (exept – Bonus Days)
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, bottled water or extra porters)
- Travel and medical insurances
- Tips (see below) for your drivers, guides, assistant guides and porters (on the climb) plus hotel service
1. Immediately, email your intention/desire to attend to werner@Quest736.com
2. To save your space the payment is due with your Registration (original copies only)
3. Checks, cash, or bank transfers only (sorry, no credit cards – the surcharges for Africa exceed 5%…to save trip costs and make it as affordable as possible we believe it prudent to avoid surcharges – a recent international PayPal transaction cost us 7.4%)
4. If payment deadlines are not met your space may be given to the next applicant on the list (given the historic nature of this experience we are certain to be oversold).
Please note – If you are unable to go and have made payments you may replace yourself. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly advised.
Tipping Protocol (Gratuities)
Tips for exceptional performance by our support team (not included in the fees shown) are generally handed out on the last day of each adventure. Tips should be in US dollars – only clean, crisp post 2002 bills are accepted in Africa. Standard tips in Tanzania are as follows:
Driver/Guide: $18-25/day per group [5-6 people per vehicle]
Head Guide: $18-25/day per group [8 – 12 people]
Assistant Guide: $14-18/day per group [1 assistant guide per 4 climbers]
Cooks: $12-14/day per group [1 per group of 8]
Porters: $8-11/day [3 porters per climber – your gear, food, camping and assistants gear]
Climbing group sizes range from 8-12 people
Gifts (Safari and Climb): Adventurers frequently bring gifts or give old clothing, shoes, packs or any other useful items to their support staff (no obligation). Individuals frequently choose to invite some of their helpers to the celebration dinner and/or drinks (your option and your expense).
Werner is personally available to answer any and all of your questions. All you have to do is ask….Werner@Quest736.com or 215-642-0083
Werner also schedules pre-registration and pre-climb conference calls (and/or webinars) for anyone contemplating participation – please request times and/or dates.